Did you know the older your mattress is the heavier it can become?
Do you know why?
Buckle up as we are about to tell you how your mattress is the dirtiest thing in your room and that is why all beds should have a mattress protector on them.
Over time your mattress gets filled up with dust mites and plays host to many other nasties that can make you unwell. There are many things living on and in your mattress. Yuck!
Why You Need a Mattress Protector!
Let’s get into graphic details here. There are three common things growing in and on your mattress:
- Dust Mites – Dust mites love they love dark, warm and damp places and specialise in causing allergies in both kids and adults. Did you know that the average mattress contains 10 million dust mites and that they’re feeding off your dead skin cells? Yuck!
- Bacteria – from the stomach bug E.coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Campylobacter (which causes more stomach problems) and the Norovirus which is like severe food poisoning, your mattress can literally make you sick.
- Fungi & Mould – these nasties Geotrichum, Cladosporium, Aspergillus, Rhizopus and Alternaria can make you very unwell.
However, in addition to the four above, here are four more reasons to use a Brolly Sheet mattress protector:
- Skin Cells – with around 500 million skin cells shed by one person every day, these cells build up in our mattresses and create a welcome food source for our resident dust mites.
- Food – breakfast in bed can leave plenty of food upon your mattress. While leftover food can’t make you sick, it does provide a breeding ground for bacteria to grow.
- Sweat & Body Fluids – as we sweat each night, our sweat moves into our sheets, blankets, pillows and mattresses. Then there are our body fluids like saliva and blood joining in the fun too.
- Urine & Faeces – kids, pets and even adults can wet the bed or have an accident. So you’ll most probably have urine and faeces on your mattress, as well as faeces from insects too! Gross.
How do you keep your family safe from these nasties? Regular cleaning of your mattress and bedding is essential, as is the use of protective covers. A Brolly Sheet mattress protector keeps a physical barrier between you and your mattress. Machine washable, it’s easy to keep clean and help you win the war against what’s growing on your mattress, and it can be machine washed.
You can order quality mattress and pillow protectors from our online stores today!
Find out more about other waterproof bedding!